Phoenix, Arizona

STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!We have a small business, a server which houses our software and two remote workstations. One workstation is located 4 feet from the server.

We recently acquired a virus and contacted BNC. We spoke to Jeff Lingle who assigned us a tech, Kevin Ngo. This was Tuesday morning. The computer that is 4 feet from the server needs to be renetworked so it can access the software on the server.

It is now 3 days later. Kevin stated that we needed new AntiVirus - however, we only have it on 2 systems; he didn't install on the third. He did however, remove the antivirus that was on the third - leaving it online and unprotected all day. Now, there are several more viruses.

Note we already purchased the antivirus he recommended, but have no install file - instead he left it unprotected. Also, the desktop still isn't networked. I called Jeff Lingle, who then called me back when I received his email. He interrupted constantly not allowing me to finish a single sentence.

He even went so far as to ask me what my degree is in and chastise me that viruses come out every day. I am quite aware of that - hence my anger that his tech did not install the antivirus. His tech then logged into my system and began typing to me in a Word document. As after 3 days this still isn't done, I have hired another company and was on the phone with them.

I told Kevin to get out of my system and server and he refused. I cannot believe to map a network drive, remove viruses and install a new anti-virus on 3 machines is something that takes 3 days. If there is an issue, they were given 3 email addresses and 2 24 hr telephone numbers to call. But no communication.

Instead, I believe, as they work by the hour, they were creating more problems, attempting to obtain more fees. I repeatedly asked Mr. Lingle for his boss' name; he refused the phone number. I called the receptionist yet she isn't there.

Finally, I was able to reach his boss, who was polite. I have had to hire another firm - and - within 1.5 hrs. everything was fixed; no contract required (BNC required a 1 yr contract before even beginning work) and it cost me under $500.

Don't work with them. The fact that their techs are irresponsible, creating unsafe environments, incredibly slow (he stated several times that Trend Micro was holding up the license keys - yet a trial version would have kept the system protected overnight even if this was true) and their sales people resulting to name calling, interrupting and just plain rudeness - keep your network safe, your blood pressure low and your expenses fair - STAY AWAY!!!!

Comments

I am super bummed you had a rocky experience with BNC!!

Remote virus clean ups are very difficult and can go sideways

quickly.

Let me know if you ever want to chat.

Cheers,

Jeff Lingle

Jlingle@bncsystems.com

303-865-4025

@Jeff L***

Jeff Lingle is highly respected, is a man of integrity, and speaks the truth in all matters of IT. He makes recommendations that are based on solid facts and many years of experience in our industry.

He has seen countless instances of sloppy IT work, poor IT management, and problems caused by reckless ownership or use of IT networks.

He is trustworthy and honest.

Go have coffee with him, and listen to his Expertise!!! In a business that it's often difficult to say what I'm about to say, it is true of Jeff...he knows what he's talking about!